From 3rd to 5th May 2018, CloWnStePPinG will launch the FIRST Edinburgh Contemporary Clown Festival to bring world-class theatre clown performances to Scotland and share the humanity, passion, honesty and connection within the unique art of the contemporary clown.
Taking place at the Assembly Roxy, the Clown Festival will not only showcase the most beautiful part of the contemporary clown: honesty, connection, openness and humanity – characteristics innate to this genre, it will also continue to build and nourish Scotland’s growing community of clown artists.
BUY YOUR TICKETS NOW! Click, HERE
What’s on in the Festival?
- Thursday 3rd May – 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm
- Friday 4th May
- Saturday 5th May
9:00 pm – 10:40 pm
Closing Ceremony at Assembly Roxy
Get your tickets to all the events HERE.
Show’s Pass HERE. Go to all the shows at a special price!
Masterclass’ Pass HERE. Train for less…
What is Contemporary Clown Theatre?
– “Blessed are those who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused”. Anonymous
– Clown theatre helps us embrace poetic insight into the inherent fragility of the human condition.
– It fosters our capacity to learn to live together well.
– It helps us embrace and love our failures; when we fall down, we learn how to get up from a place of play.
– This is how we learn to live from a space of self-love and acceptance.
– Clown theatre gives more space and power to our “crazy” self. By laughing at our silliness, we get to be fresh-as-a-lettuce with others.
– It brings us an antidote to the tyranny of taking ourselves too seriously.
– The vulnerability of the clown and their willingness to share this openly creates a deep empathetic response in the audience, helping us to connect with ourselves and those around us.
– Contemporary Clown theatre is Creativity in its full expression guiding us into a fuller awareness of simply being.
Would you like to get involved in this project and support us in its creation? You can donate, HERE.
We also have advertising opportunities and corporate memberships. You can also become a Festival’s friend; please get in touch with us directly.